Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Deleting Blank Rows

  1. #1
    Reeni
    Guest

    Deleting Blank Rows

    The problem is there is a blank
    rows between blocks of data (37 blocks of data) I want to be able to delete
    the blank rows... the blank rows can vary each month...

    thanks
    --
    Reeni

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Deleting Blank Rows

    Hi Reeni,

    Assuming that the blank rows are determined by blank cells in column A, try
    the following macro:

    '=============>>
    Public Sub Tester1()
    On Error Resume Next
    Columns("A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks). _
    EntireRow.Delete
    End Sub
    '<<=============

    If you are new to macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's 'Getting
    Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Deleting Blank Rows

    Hi Reeni,

    If you want to perform the operation manually, try:

    Select columnA
    F5 | Special | select the 'Blanks' option | OK | Right-click | Delete |
    Entire row | OK

    ---

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Deleting Blank Rows

    There is a feature in Jim Cone's fine commercial Add-in called XL Companion
    that does this nicely............I use it regularly.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5
    Dave McBeth
    Guest

    RE: Deleting Blank Rows

    Two options; each makes an assumption

    Option 1: Assuming there is some semblance of order to the data; simply
    sort the data.............blanks will shift to the bottom.

    Option 2: Assuming one column of data always has data and as such the cell
    in that column is blank is ONLY the blank row........... consider use of the
    "Filter" options of EXCELand do the following:

    Turn on Filtering by selecting from the Task Bar Data, Filters, Autofilters

    This will activate what appears as a dropdown in each of the column header
    cells (Row 1)

    In the column identified above that contains data in all but the blank rows;
    select the "Blanks" from the bottom of the dropdown displayed

    Hit enter

    Only the "blank" rows will be displayed

    Highlight/select the "blank" rows

    Hit "delete"

    Then go to the header row and reselect the dropdown from row 1 of the column
    and select ALL

    Hit enter

    Your data now appears without the blanks (they are gone).

    "Reeni" wrote:

    > The problem is there is a blank
    > rows between blocks of data (37 blocks of data) I want to be able to delete
    > the blank rows... the blank rows can vary each month...
    >
    > thanks
    > --
    > Reeni

Closed Thread