Date Conversion - sorry

  1. #1
    DTTODGG
    Guest

    Date Conversion - sorry

    OK, guys, I've read a plethora of posts about DATE, but can't find one that
    suits my situation. It's probably out there somewhere,... please help.

    I have a cell D2 it's formated as a date 03/01/04 field
    I have another numeric field in K5 (just numbers e.g. 3428)

    I want cell J2 to be 20040301-3428.

    So, do I need to convert D2 to a data yyyymmdd? then convert to text? then
    add the hyphen? then add the number?

    It's probably simple, but I've spent too much time on this. I keep getting
    the serial date or whatever that 38,889 number is.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Date Conversion - sorry

    =TEXT(D2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&TEXT(K5,"#")

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Date Conversion - sorry

    Or, if you always want to copy K2, no matter if it has decimals,

    =TEXT(D2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&K5

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Date Conversion - sorry

    =TEXT(D2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&K5. If you need to force the suffix to a certain
    number of digits, you could use &text(k5,"0000") instead of just &K5.

  5. #5
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Date Conversion - sorry

    I have no idea what you're doing....but, I think this will do it:

    =TEXT(D2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&K5

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron

  6. #6
    DTTODGG
    Guest

    RE: Date Conversion - sorry

    Thank you guys SOoooo much - you wouldn't want to see the combinations I've
    tried. :-)