  1. #1
    Aaron

    I have managed to get the info accross no problem but the formatting is all
    over the place. For instance - 07/10 meaning July 2010 is appearing as 07/Oct
    despite me going into format cells custom then enter mm/yy which has always
    worked previously.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert a word table into an excel document?

    You can't use it like that regardless of formatting, you need to put in the
    whole date or else Excel will always assume the current year so any real
    date used for calculations needs to be numeric and needs a day, so you can
    enter (assuming US date format) 07/01/10 and use a custom format of mm/yy

    or if you don't need it for calculations just precede it with an apostrophe
    or preformat cell(s) as text and just enter it as '07/10 (apostrophe won't
    show in cell) or if text formatted 07/10

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...