Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

in excel, formula to work only when all cells full of data

  1. #1
    DINO
    Guest

    in excel, formula to work only when all cells full of data

    I have a formula that includes averaging the contents of about 7 or 8 cells.
    I don't want the formula to average until data is in all referenced cells. It
    wants to average as each cell value is entered. This is example of my
    formula: =(B3+ B4+B5+B6+B7+B8+B9+B10)/8 I am new to excel and I'm sure this
    is really simple. Thanks.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: in excel, formula to work only when all cells full of data

    One way:

    =IF(COUNT(B3:B10)=8,AVERAGE(B3:B10),"")

  3. #3
    DINO
    Guest

    Re: in excel, formula to work only when all cells full of data

    thanks, that works. I appreciate the quick response.
    "JE McGimpsey" wrote:

    > One way:
    >
    > =IF(COUNT(B3:B10)=8,AVERAGE(B3:B10),"")
    >
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "DINO" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I have a formula that includes averaging the contents of about 7 or 8 cells.
    > > I don't want the formula to average until data is in all referenced cells. It
    > > wants to average as each cell value is entered. This is example of my
    > > formula: =(B3+ B4+B5+B6+B7+B8+B9+B10)/8 I am new to excel and I'm sure this
    > > is really simple. Thanks.

Closed Thread