How do you add dates to the top of each column in Excel?

  1. #1
    Wessel
    Guest

    How do you add dates to the top of each column in Excel?

    How do you add dates to the top of each column in Excel? I want each column
    to represent a day. I could write the date in manually, but so far, I have
    been starting from the top of each column (in Line 1), so I would have to
    move the data in each column down by one cell to make room to write in the
    date. Is there any way to do that automatically?

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do you add dates to the top of each column in Excel?

    Not sure if I understand the bit about "move the data in each column down)
    but ....
    If in A1 you enter a date such as 10/Jan/2006, and in B1 enter =A1 +1 then
    B1 will show 11-Jan-2006
    any help?
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: How do you add dates to the top of each column in Excel?

    Do you need a blank row at the top of your sheet?
    To insert a row.
    Click cell A1
    On the top toolbar click > Insert > Rows

    Does this help?

    George Gee