Resort Data In Spreadsheet

  1. #1

    Resort Data In Spreadsheet

    I have a spreadsheet that is used for a mail merge with names and addresses.

    Column A - Names
    Column B - Number & Street
    Column C - City
    Column D - State
    Column E - Zip Code

    I want to view the data by Number & Street for another application. Is there a way to resort the data by Number & Street and have the sort change all the data to corispond?

    Your help appreciated.

  2. #2
    Jacob_F_Roecker
    Guest

    RE: Resort Data In Spreadsheet

    Try using Auto Filter

    Select your top row then

    Data | Filter | Auto Filter

    This will put a drop down arrow on each column of your top row. You'll find
    that you have the ability to sort it a number of different ways.

    I hope this helps

    [email protected]

  3. #3
    gls858

    travelersway wrote:
    > I have a spreadsheet that is used for a mail merge with names and
    > addresses.
    >
    > Column A - Names
    > Column B - Number & Street
    > Column C - City
    > Column D - State
    > Column E - Zip Code
    >
    > I want to view the data by Number & Street for another application. Is
    > there a way to resort the data by Number & Street and have the sort
    > change all the data to corispond?
    >
    > Your help appreciated.

    click on the small square above row 1 and to the left of col a
    this will select the entire sheet. Then on the menu bar select
    Data > Sort the rest is pretty easy.

    gls858