  1. #1
    scarlette belle

    How do I get an automatic equal sign to appear in the formula bar in Excel
    for Microsoft 2003? This happened for me in the 2000 version and I could
    just click on it with my mouse pointer, but now all that appears is the
    function sign with no equal sign after it. It makes my job a lot more time
    consuming to have to type in the equal sign while building formulas. Please
    help, anybody?

  2. #2

    Re: How do I get an automatic equal sign to begin the formula bar?

    The = icon disappeared in newer versions of excel (xl2002???).

    You can add an = icon
    Tools|customize|commands tab|Insert category
    (Scroll down the list until you find the = icon)

    And drag it to your favorite toolbar (nicely positioned).

    It's not quite the same, but maybe it'll be sufficient for you.