Fixed Heading

  1. #1

    Question Fixed Heading

    I was wondering is anyone can tell me to how to have a fixed header row.

    By that I mean, I have a pretty long spreadsheet. I want the first row (row 1) that has my headers in it to remain fixed when I go down the page. The rest of the rows (row 2 onwards) need to scroll down when I move my scroll bar.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor keithl816's Avatar
    Georgia
    MS-Off Ver
    How about Freezing the row.

    Click the number 2 on the left, Make sure the row is highlighted then go to Windows/Freeze Pane

    Hope this helps

    Larry

  3. #3
    thanks larry.... that's exactly what I needed.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor keithl816's Avatar
    Georgia
    MS-Off Ver
    your welcome, glad to be able to help

  5. #5
    JulieD
    Guest

    RE: Fixed Heading

    Hi

    the "feature" is called "freeze panes" and is found on the window menu.

    Click in cell B1 choose window / freeze panes from the menu.
    (to clear just choose window / unfreeze panes)
    note - this does not affect how the spreadsheet prints (to print a header
    row use file / page setup / sheet tab - rows to repeat at top).

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD

    julied_ng at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au

  6. #6
    Medicgord
    Guest

    Re: Fixed Heading

    I'm having a similar problem.

    I have a large spreadsheet, with multiple rows and columns, and I want to
    freeze columns A,B and C along the horizontal plane, but not the vertical.
    Conversely I want to freeze rows 1,2 and 3 vertically, but not horizontally.

    Is this possible?

    Gord

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor keithl816's Avatar
    Georgia
    MS-Off Ver
    Try clicking on cell d4 then go to Windows/Freeze Panes Is this what you are trying to do?

    Larry

  8. #8
    Medicgord
    Guest

    Re: Fixed Heading

    I didn't realize that that function worked like that. Thanks, that's exactly
    what I was trying to achieve.

    Gord