Display Automatic sentence after filter.

  1. #1
    Rao Ratan Singh
    Guest

    Display Automatic sentence after filter.

    Sir,
    I have have a worksheet which have columns in this manner –

    A B C D
    Concession Form Received

    6 "List of C / D Form Received."
    7 Form Form No. Date Amount
    8 C Form
    9 D Form
    10 C Form
    11 C Form
    12 D Form

    I want to do that The sentence “List of C Form Received” or List of D Form
    Received" List of Due D form”, List of Due C Form", automatically display in
    A6. only in that case when in b column in front of Form; Form No is Filled,
    otherwise it should be returned blank after filtering with specific C or D
    Form selection.

    I hope you one of MVP will solve my problem.

    Thanks & Regards

    Rao Ratan Singh

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Display Automatic sentence after filter.

    Perhaps something along these lines ..

    Sample construct at:
    http://www.savefile.com/files/5870594
    Display AutoComposed Sentence_Rao_newusers.xls

    Put in E8: =IF(NOT(ISNUMBER(B8)),"",TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A8,"Form","")))
    Copy E8 down to E12

    Then put in A6:
    =IF(COUNTA(B8:B12)=0,"","List of "&SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(E8&" "&E9&" "&E10&"
    "&E11&" "&E12)," ","/")&" Form Received.")

    --
    Max
    Singapore
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Display Automatic sentence after filter.

    In the sample construct, A7:B7 contains:

    Form Form#
    C Form 11
    D Form
    E Form 13
    F Form
    G Form 15

    [Forms: C Form, D Form, etc are listed in A8:A12. B8:B12 would be where the
    inputs for the form numbers are made (I've assumed that only numeric inputs
    for the Form# are to be recognised)]

    For the sample numeric inputs in B8, B10 and B12,
    A6 will return the text: List of C/E/G Form Received.

    If the sample input in B8 is cleared (corresponding to "C Form"),
    A6 will then return only: List of E/G Form Received.

    And so on.

    If the entire input range B8:B12 is cleared, A6 will appear blank.