subtotals to a different page.

  1. #1
    Neophyte
    Guest

    subtotals to a different page.

    Is it easily doable to have the subtotals from sheet 1 calculate (show?) on
    sheet 2? I have used the Data->Subtotals to get what I want on the sheet but
    when I want to copy only the subtotals to another sheet, I get all the
    cells. I have been exporting the info to Access and then doing a selective
    import and filter and then exporting it back to Excel. Very round about and
    clumsy.
    Thanks you very much for looking and any answers.
    Lee

  2. #2

    Re: subtotals to a different page.

    Do your data|subtotals
    use the outlining symbols to the left to hide all the details
    select the range to copy
    Edit|goto|special|visible cells only
    edit|copy

    off to the other sheet
    edit|paste

  3. #3
    Neophyte
    Guest

    Re: subtotals to a different page.

    Wow, That is simple!!
    Thanks,
    Lee

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: subtotals to a different page.

    If you do this often, you might like to place the 'Visible Cells' icon onto
    your toolbar, to make it even *simpler*.

    Right click in the toolbar and choose "Customize".
    Click on the "Commands" tab.
    In the left window, click on "Edit".
    In the right window, scroll down, almost to the bottom,
    and click on the "Select Visible Cells" icon, and drag it to your toolbar.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:Olk3%[email protected]...