[solved] personal checkbook template for excel

  1. #1
    EMAN3
    Guest

    [solved] personal checkbook template for excel

    I NEED AN EXCEL TEMPLATE TO BALLANCE A PERSONAL CHECKBOOK

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: PERSONAL CHECKBOOK TEMPLATE FOR EXCEL

    See:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...186511033.aspx
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    EMAN3
    Guest

    RE: PERSONAL CHECKBOOK TEMPLATE FOR EXCEL

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: PERSONAL CHECKBOOK TEMPLATE FOR EXCEL

    If you want to use that template please be aware that format in a
    check book and the format in that template are setting up you account
    as if you are doing the books for your bank. (at least in most US checkbooks)

    If you were doing your own records for yourself the
    Dr(+) would still be on the left but indicate additions
    Cr(-) would still be on the right, but indicate payments out of account.

    In any case I would suggest that you set up formulas with offset to refer
    to the previous row, so that you can reorder you entires without having
    to rework your formulas. There is a big difference between copying
    a formula down and between either recopying ALL of the formulas down
    or copying down missing formulas only.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

    so instead of

    G3: =G2+F3-E3 reversed use of Dr and Cr as in template

    use
    G3: =OFFSET(G3,-1,0) +F3-E3 reversed use of Dr and Cr as in template

    By the way the use of SUM for each balance would be very inefficient, and
    the use of SUMPRODUCT for each balance would be the same (inefficient).
    Checklist of things to check (#checklist) -- look for use of SUM
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#checklist for how much difference, see
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...2@TK2MSFTNGP10

    ---
    HTH,