[SOLVED] How do I statistically analyze data across multipe worksheets?

  1. #1
    Ottomatic
    Guest

    [SOLVED] How do I statistically analyze data across multipe worksheets?

    I am trying to define data sets to analyze using the Excel Data Analysis Tool
    add-in. I seem to be able to only highlight data sets in one worksheet. Is
    there a way to analyze data over multiple worksheets in the same workbook?
    Thanks!!

  2. #2
    vandenberg p
    Guest

    Re: How do I statistically analyze data across multipe worksheets?

    Hello:

    When you open the statistical tool you want to use simply click on the
    box that is beside the input box for the variable (a new input box appears)
    once that is done just click on the sheet tab you want to go to and
    highlight the cells. Do the same for any other inputs. In fact if
    you want you can go to the Window menu and switch to a different
    workbook (just click on the workbook name) and get data from it.

    I tried both histograms and regression and both work fine.

    Pieter Vandenberg

  3. #3
    Ottomatic
    Guest

    Re: How do I statistically analyze data across multipe worksheets?

    Thanks for your reply; however, I am having problems following your
    instructions--it may be that the version I'm using, Excel vX:Mac, is
    different. The button next to the input box hides or unhides the rest of the
    options, but doesn't give me any additional input boxes.

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    vandenberg p
    Guest

    Re: How do I statistically analyze data across multipe worksheets?

    Yea, sorry I assumed you were on a PC. I don't have a MAC that I can
    look at, but I would almost bet there is a way. You could try
    to type the full address into the box and it should work also.

    The form is: SheetName!Addr:addr

    example: Sheet2!$E$12:$E$16

    For the example the SheetName is Sheet2 and the address
    is from E12 to E16. Note the ! must be there, the $ do not
    although in using the mouse selection process they are
    normally added.

    You can also post to the mac group to see if someone there
    can be more helpful.

    Pieter Vandenberg

    Ottomatic <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Thanks for your reply; however, I am having problems following your
    : instructions--it may be that the version I'm using, Excel vX:Mac, is
    : different. The button next to the input box hides or unhides the rest of the
    : options, but doesn't give me any additional input boxes.

    : Thanks!

    : "vandenberg p" wrote:

    :> Hello:
    :>