Just one cell in an Excel column won't text wrap.

  1. #1
    Kathleen
    Guest

    Just one cell in an Excel column won't text wrap.

    I'm using Excel for text entries. I selected one column, and formatted the
    cell alignment to wrap text. This has been working just fine until the last
    3 entries, which have reverted to hidden text. (I can see that the text is
    there, but only a portion is showing.)

    When I check the individual cells, they show the formatting to be for
    wrapped text.

    I've tried undoing the formatting for the entire column, and starting over
    again. The cells that were wrapped revert to their wrapped state, and these
    "unwrapped" cells go back to being unwrapped again as well.

    I'm a beginner with Excel. Any ideas on an end-run or actual fix on this?
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Just one cell in an Excel column won't text wrap.

    Hi Kathleen,

    Try changing the height of the row, sounds like the text is wrapped but
    is below what you see.

    Note: when you change the height of a row, then that height will stick
    and Excel will not bother attempting to change the row height because
    you specifically chose a row height.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...nd.htm#autofit

    Text that is not wrapped extends to the cell(s) to the right, and is stopped
    by any content in the adjacent cell including a formula, space, or null string.

    ---
    HTH,