Convert all caps to lower case

  1. #1

    Convert all caps to lower case

    I am a new user. I have a new excel document that has two columns:

    First Name and Last Name. Under the "First Name" column, I have a list of 200 names in all caps. The same in the "Last Name" column. How do I convert the names to lower case (or initial caps and then lower case). I looked it up in the help menu, but I don't understand how to use a "function". Any help would be appreciated so that I don't have to rekey the names. Please be very specific since I am a new user. Thanks so much!

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Convert all caps to lower case

    Try this, Barb:
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    "RuBarb" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Convert all caps to lower case

    Since I think you would really prefer Proper case rather
    than lower case see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm

    You then also have the ability to capitalize words closer
    to how titles are capitalized an how people's last names
    are actually capitalized. i.e. David McRitchie
    You would have to tweak it slightly to match your experience,
    as not everyone capitals their names the same.
    ---
    HTH,

  4. #4
    Thanks to both of you for your replies. I have already used them and they work great!

    Thanks again!