count the number of cells with a date <= today's date

  1. #1
    Cachod1
    Guest

    count the number of cells with a date <= today's date

    I need to count the number of cells in a column that contain a date that is
    <= today's date. I've tried using a COUNTIF formula but it's not working.
    HELP!

  2. #2
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: count the number of cells with a date <= today's date

    If the data is in cells A1:A3

    =COUNTIF(A1:A3, "<="&TODAY())

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: count the number of cells with a date <= today's date

    This formula will also count any other number that is NOT a date, as though
    it WAS a date............

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: count the number of cells with a date <= today's date

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A200<>""),--(A2:A200<=TODAY()))

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...