Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

HELP! Multiple if statements on the same line

  1. #1
    Chemboy
    Guest

    HELP! Multiple if statements on the same line

    How do I get excel to give an answer when two conditions must be met?
    Basically, if L42>L43 and L43>0. If true, it goes on to a calculation. If
    false, the result is supposed to be 0. I can get condition one to work,
    but not both. Is it even possible to have two on the same line?
    Mathmatically, x>y>0 is valad, is it not? Here is what has been tried so far:
    if L42>L43 AND L43>0
    if L42>L43 & L43>0
    if L42>L43 + L43>0
    if L43<L42 and 0<L43

    Anyone have any suggesations?
    Thank you in advance for any help

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: HELP! Multiple if statements on the same line

    =IF(and(L42>L43,L43>0),L43*1,0)
    where L43*1 should be YOUR calculation...
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: HELP! Multiple if statements on the same line

    Try

    =IF(AND(L42>L43,L43>0),true,false)

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

  4. #4
    Chemboy
    Guest

    Re: HELP! Multiple if statements on the same line

    It worked wonderfully!

    Thank you so much.