calculation sales monthwise

  1. #1
    Rao Ratan Singh
    Guest

    calculation sales monthwise

    Hi
    > I m facing problem with my worksheets which i have to calculate total

    sales
    > in particular month.
    >
    > sheet 1 have
    >
    > Date Sale Undr 4% CST Sale Undr 10 CST Sale Undr 4% RST
    > DD/MM/YY
    > 1.10.2005 10000
    > 2.10.2005 250000
    > 3.10.2005
    > 150000
    > 4.10.2005 1000
    > 1.11.2005
    > 2.11.2005
    > 3.12.2005
    > 4.12.2005
    > 1.1.2005 etc
    >
    > Sheet 2 have
    > Quarterly Return
    >
    > Month
    > Sale Undr 4% CST Sale Undr 10 CST Sale Undr 4% RST

    Dear Bob philip
    thanks for response but it is not working. I think theres is date you assume
    in text but it is in date format mm.dd.yy.
    January
    > February
    > March
    >
    > In Sheet 2 i want to calculate Sale amount for particular month which is

    in

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: calculation sales monthwise

    Sorry I missed this one earlier.

    try

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(Sheet1!$A$4:$A$200)=MONTH($A2)),Sheet1!B$4:B$200)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...