Confusion...(conditional formatting)

  1. #1

    Question Confusion...(conditional formatting)

    Thanks to all that replied to my post!!

    I was looking to make F2 field a required field, i.e <red>

    If E2 = "yes" then make F2 a required field.

    I am going to email this spreadsheet to users, if the user select "yes" to question asked in E column, I would like them to provide detailed information in column F.

    Does that make sense?

    Thank you again for your help! this forum rocks!

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Confusion...(conditional formatting)

    Sure. Click on F2. Format-->Conditional Formatting, Formula is:
    =IF(E2)="yes"
    Tell it to be red fill....
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Confusion...(conditional formatting)

    No need for the IF, just use

    =E2="yes"

    as that resolves to TRUE or FALSE

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Confusion...(conditional formatting)

    Thanks, Bob.
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Confusion...(conditional formatting)

    You know the pleasure is mine Ma'am,

    Bob