Printing non-adjacent selections

  1. #1
    BJ Gates
    Guest

    Printing non-adjacent selections

    I have used Lotus 1-2-3 forever and have no trouble doing this.

    The way I read it in the Excel help section, it should work the same way,
    but when I do that, and set the print area, the selections print on different
    pages.

    What am I doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Printing non-adjacent selections

    BJ,

    That's the way it works.
    You have to copy the selections to a separate sheet and print from there.
    -or-
    Take a look at my free Excel add-in "Print Selections Only" that should do
    what you want. Download from here...

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

  3. #3
    BJ Gates

    "Jim Cone" wrote:

    > That's the way it works.

    Whoa! I find it hard to imagine that an 11+ year old Lotus program can do
    something that today's Excel does not.

    > Take a look at my free Excel add-in "Print Selections Only" that should do
    > what you want.

    Thanks, Jim. I downloaded it and tried it, but when I preview, my gridlines
    and page orientation are gone. Any fix for that?

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Printing non-adjacent selections

    BJ,

    No gridlines are displayed as each selection shown is a picture
    of the selection and gridlines would not line up with the next picture.

    The Print Selections Form has three settings for Header/Footer...
    Blank, Default and Original.
    The "Original" setting retains your page orientation.
    You also have the option in print preview to change the page
    orientation setting.

    Regards,