[SOLVED] How to hyperlink to an image on a different sheet and display it f

  1. #1
    twilliams
    Guest

    [SOLVED] How to hyperlink to an image on a different sheet and display it f

    I have 2 tabs, called "Sheet1" and "Sheet2". On "Sheet1", I have hundreds of
    one line feature descriptions for my product. These descriptions are of
    course text. On "Sheet2", I have inserted hundreds of screenshots of my
    product. Now comes the fun part...

    I created a hyperlink on the first line of text on "Sheet1" to link to a
    cell just above the corresponding image on "Sheet2". When I click on the
    hyperlink, I am taken to "Sheet2" and the cell i linked to is highlighted and
    visible on the screen. The problem is that the cell is at the bottom of the
    screen and the image I want to be displayed is below the bottom of the screen
    and not visible.

    I want whatever cell I hyperlink to, to be displayed at the Top of the
    screen so that the image is fully on the screen every time, so that the user
    just clicks a hyperlink and sees the corresponding image without having to
    scroll up or down.

    In HTML, browsers handle this automatically and display whatever you link to
    at the top of the browser. Is there a way to ensure that whatever I link to
    is moved to the same location (Top) every time?

    Thanks in advance for any help i can get.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How to hyperlink to an image on a different sheet and display it f

    What I do, though I haven't done it with images...
    Create a "template" worksheet.
    Hide column A.
    Save it.
    Put one image on it, copy the worksheet, and put image 2 on it... one image
    per worksheet.
    Now, hyperlink to each worksheet. It'll automatically want to hyperlink to
    cell A1, which is hidden, so it keeps your selection "hidden".

    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com
    Check out the NEWsgroup stats!