[SOLVED] IF Formula

  1. #1
    ESSO
    Guest

    [SOLVED] IF Formula

    I need to set up an IF formula for a series on account numbers- the first 4
    digits of the # are the same, the last 2 change but all are included in the
    answer. I have several series of numbers to include:
    example:
    1234-01 through 1234-99
    and
    2007-01 through 2007-99
    and
    3010-01 through 3010-99
    Any help you could give me would be appreciated

  2. #2
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: IF Formula

    What would you like the formula to do?

  3. #3
    ewan7279
    Guest

    RE: IF Formula

    Hi ESSO,

    If your data is in column A, enter the formula in B1 and drag down:

    =IF(OR(LEFT(A1,4)="1234",LEFT(A1,4)="2007",LEFT(A1,4)="3010"),"your message
    here","your opposite message here")

    This will display your message if the data in column A starts with 1234,
    2007 or 3010.

    Ewan.