[SOLVED] Autonumber from Form

  1. #1
    ES
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Autonumber from Form

    Hi All,
    I am trying to create a form that will allow users to add a new record with
    an autonumber displayed for the current record they are adding. So starting
    with 001, 002, 003. After those are entered and the user wants to add a new
    record, it would say 004. Any way of doing this? I searched the forum, but I
    don't see how the solution would be applied to a form. Please advise.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Autonumber from Form

    What kind of form, is this a sheet made look like a form or are you using a
    form created through VBA?

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

    Btwe, don't search forums, use Google groups

    http://groups.google.es/advanced_gro...=lang_en&hl=en

    Peo Sjoblom

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    flummi
    Guest

    Re: Autonumber from Form

    If you can incorporate a cell into your form you can do this:

    Provided your lines entered are in A1:P100 and your running number is
    in A1:

    Use a cell somewhere say Q1 which will hold the next number to use:
    =max(A:A)+1

    Hans