Problem with cell autoformat

  1. #1

    Problem with cell autoformat

    I have an HTML data (ex. 17-2 with "-2" in red-colored uppecase)

    I want to paste it to MSExcel but it converts "17-2" to calendar date (ex. 17.feb). THIS IS NOT NEEDED!

    I can fix the cells manually, but it takes too much time.

    How to fobid to excel converting (autoformatting) cell types?

    Thanks, Roman.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Problem with cell autoformat

    Edit->Paste Special
    Select text.

    or

    Format the cell as text first
    edit the cell (double click or hit F2) and then paste.

  3. #3
    Thank you for answer, but it doesn't help (see results in attached pictures).

    The matter that I need to paste FORMATTED text to have some handsome result

    I suppose the problem is that excel AUTOMATICALLY changes the format of cell from text (that I have pre-formetted) to date in the very moment of pasting.
    Attached Images Attached Images