Make Excel Table fit into Word Doucument

  1. #1

    Make Excel Table fit into Word Doucument

    Help - I need to paste an Excel table into a portrait-form
    Word document. Is there any way I can do this? A regular cut and paste
    leaves half the table off the document.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Karen
    Guest

    Re: Make Excel Table fit into Word Doucument

    Hi R,

    If you're using Word 2003 and Excel 2003, once you paste the Excel
    spreadsheet into Word I think it may then become an "object" that you
    should be able to resize using the sizing handles (the white circles
    surrounding the object).

    Even if you can't see the entire Excel spreadsheet on your Word page,
    if you click on it, you should see those white sizing handles (circles)
    around it that will allow you to shrink it to fit. If you click on one
    of its corners and see a double headed arrow, you should be able to
    drag your mouse and shrink the Excel object down to the size you want.
    You can also reposition the Excel object by dragging it via the
    four-headed arrow that appears when you click inside it.

    Your Excel object may become very small, depending on its original
    size, but you should be able to fit it onto one page in Word,
    regardless.

    Best of luck with this!

    Karen

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Make Excel Table fit into Word Doucument

    You can also select the table, hold down the shift key, select copy picture,
    then paste into word
    then you can resize like any other picture

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Make Excel Table fit into Word Doucument

    Thank you - I will try this.

  5. #5

    Re: Make Excel Table fit into Word Doucument

    Thank you! Another question:
    I actually got the table onto the Word document and resixed by using the
    INSERT, OBJECT, and then CREATE FROM FILE. That worked perfectly. I then
    was able to copy and paste from each workbook page (I have about 22 pages)
    directly into the resized format. However, when I try to print, only half
    the page prints before going to the next page. I want to utilize the entire
    sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Obviously I am missing something ----any
    suggestions? Thank you once again.