extract/link data to a new worksheet

  1. #1

    extract/link data to a new worksheet

    Hello,

    I have a worksheet with 8 columns and 120 rows of data. I would like to extract only a portion of this data to a new worksheet - and have the new worksheet update as the original worksheet is updated.

    The first column holds the data that I would like to sort by, it contains the following letters A, AI, C, and CI. In theory, I would like to have the information from the rows that contain the "A" data on a new worksheet.
    I set up a second worksheet with the same headers and can sort/copy to the new worksheet, but that does not solve my problem of automatic updating.

    I am sorry, this is probably rather simple (at least for some), but I can not seem to get it to work

    Thanks for any help and advice!
    Karmen

  2. #2
    Mel Arquiza
    Guest

    RE: extract/link data to a new worksheet

    Hi Karmen,

    Have you try using pulldown menu edit, copy and paste special, paste link?
    Try it I think it should work.

  3. #3
    Thanks Mel,
    This did try that....it worked