Lookup "greater than or equal to" in lookup array

  1. #1
    icemouse
    Guest

    Lookup "greater than or equal to" in lookup array

    This is my first post to the discussion group, so hi all.

    I'd like to be able to use a vlookup to return a value where the first
    column of the lookup array is "greater than or equal" to the value of the
    lookup cell. Using TRUE, of course, returns a "less than or equal to" value.
    Does anyone know if there is something similar for "grater than"?

    Thanks

    Phil

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Lookup "greater than or equal to" in lookup array

    index and match..
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Lookup "greater than or equal to" in lookup array

    Sort the table descending and use

    =MATCH((LookupValue,LookupArray,-1)

    This gives you the relative position in the table; use INDEX() to retrieve
    the item you need

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    icemouse
    Guest

    Re: Lookup "greater than or equal to" in lookup array

    Thanks, it works a treat!!