How do I calculate cells across Excel 2003 workbooks?

  1. #1
    mj
    Guest

    How do I calculate cells across Excel 2003 workbooks?

    I have three different workbook files stored in the same folder and I want to
    have the three worksheets in each of the three workbooks totaled in a new
    workbook file. I am trying to create a quarterly report from three months of
    data. All data is located in the same cells in the worksheets in each of the
    workbooks.

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate cells across Excel 2003 workbooks?

    If the different workbook files were all in the same workbook, it would be a
    lot easier. Can that be done?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    flummi
    Guest

    Re: How do I calculate cells across Excel 2003 workbooks?

    If you have all workbooks open you can use them in any cell references
    by selecting the appropriate window and worksheet and cell. Excel will
    take care of the file paths if you close the workbooks (the summary
    workbook last)

    Hans