How can I track meeting attendance?

  1. #1
    craezer
    Guest

    How can I track meeting attendance?

    This is probably something simple, but I'm such a novice I don't know where
    to start. I want to track my attendance at monthly meetings. I have five
    defined (don't know if that's the right term) plus numerous miscellaneous
    meetings I attend every month. I would like to be able to track them by date
    and category and see a running total of each category for the year. I would
    also like to be able to integrate new categories of meetings in as they come
    along.

    I don't know if this is enough info to help me get started or if this
    question even makes sense, but thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How can I track meeting attendance?

    Makes perfect sense.
    Row 1 is your headings only (use Alt+Enter to enter a paragraph return if
    your heading needs to be 2 lines).
    You can use data validation to choose the meeting type in column A (select
    A2 to A65536):
    See:
    Then, put Date in column B. (select the column and Format-->Cells and choose
    a date format.)
    Enter all your current meetings.
    Use Autofilter when you only want to see a certain meeting type:
    Use Subtotals to "count" the meetings by meeting type:
    That should give you a really good start.
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com
    Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
    Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    craezer
    Guest

    Re: How can I track meeting attendance?

    Thank you very much for the great information!

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How can I track meeting attendance?