Excel integration with databases

  1. #1
    JBruxer
    Guest

    Excel integration with databases

    I am wondering about the integration between Excel and an Oracle database.

    What I am trying to do is develop a form that will pull data from an Oracle
    view, allow for users to update information, and then save the data into
    another table. Is this possible? If so, how?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Excel integration with databases

    You can use ADO and SQL to do so.

    How To Transfer Data from ADO Data Source to Excel with ADO

    SAMPLE: ExcelADO Demonstrates How to Use ADO to Read and Write Data in Excel
    Workbooks

    How To Use ADO with Excel Data from Visual Basic or VBA

    Also see Carl Prothman' site
    http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81for connection strings.
    MySQL even has an OLE DB provider so you can use that rather than ODBC
    http://www.carlprothman.net/Default....oviderForMySQL

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JBruxer
    Guest

    Re: Excel integration with databases

    I have looked through all of these articles, but I dont see any of them
    providing solutions that will fit my need. Perhaps I should clarify my
    question a bit. I am using odbc to connect to my oracle view. In which, I
    have a form created in Excel. What I would like to do is have all values
    exported into another table which I can then have a stored procedure move the
    data into our main database.