Series of numbers

  1. #1
    PA
    Guest

    Series of numbers

    I have a rather large workbook, with many lists of numbers on various
    worksheets. These list span from 1 through 28. I need to change them all to
    span 1 through 30. They are in many different locations within the workbook.
    It is not practical to find them all, and change them by the "fill" process.
    It will take far to long and I might miss one or two.
    Is there a way to accomplish this.

    Thanks
    Paul

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Series of numbers

    Please provide a little more info........are the 1-28 numbers down a column,
    or across a row..........is there more than one group on each Sheet?.....is
    there any consistancy between sheets? Is there any cell that is always
    within an exact location from each range of numbers?, etc etc etc.......

    tks
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    PA
    Guest

    RE: Series of numbers

    Thanks for your response and interest.
    I have checked back witht he user:

    The numbers are in coulumns, not necessarily in order although most will be
    the number 28. There is definately more than one group on each sheet. The
    starting location for each group will always be the same, but there are many
    of them
    Paul

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Series of numbers

    Hi PA.....

    This one should be solvable, but will take VBA skill beyond mine. I suggest
    you get some more facts together, such as the list of ranges of all the
    groups on the sheet with the most groups, and repost your problem to the
    microsoft.public.excel.Programming group. Someone there should be able to
    give you code to do some global searching and adding to the groups....

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck CABGx3

  5. #5
    PA