Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

How do I set up a copy and paste formula with ascending columns

  1. #1
    Ken Proj mgr
    Guest

    How do I set up a copy and paste formula with ascending columns

    I am pulling info from one sheet to another. I need to copy a formula going
    vertically down, but I need the column designator to ascend and not the row.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor kraljb's Avatar
    Illinois
    MS-Off Ver
    2007 (recent change)
    Just to clarify what you are looking for: You are looking to have a formula that in
    Row 1 =Sheet2!A1
    Row 2 =Sheet2!B1
    Row 3 =Sheet2!C1

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a copy and paste formula with ascending columns

    Hi Ken

    One way
    Supposing you have data in cells A1:E1 on Sheet2 and you want to copy
    the data to cells A1:A5 of Sheet1
    In cell A1 of Sheet1
    =OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,0,ROW(1:1)-1)
    and copy down.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ken Proj mgr
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a copy and paste formula with ascending column

    Yes. I am putting the info into a column and I am pulling it from a row.

    Ken

  5. #5
    Ken Proj mgr
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a copy and paste formula with ascending column

    Roger,
    I got it to work. Thanks for the help. I am preping 70 schedule sheets for
    various sub to build homes and this formula will save me a week worth of
    typing. You sir are the man.

    Ken

    "Roger Govier" wrote:

    > Hi Ken
    >
    > One way
    > Supposing you have data in cells A1:E1 on Sheet2 and you want to copy
    > the data to cells A1:A5 of Sheet1
    > In cell A1 of Sheet1
    > =OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,0,ROW(1:1)-1)
    > and copy down.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Roger Govier
    >

    > "Ken Proj mgr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >I am pulling info from one sheet to another. I need to copy a formula
    > >going
    > > vertically down, but I need the column designator to ascend and not
    > > the row.

Closed Thread