Why do the colors or shading only show up in print preview in Exce

  1. #1
    voiceqween
    Guest

    Why do the colors or shading only show up in print preview in Exce

    I have attempted to follow directions for inserting color and shading in
    cells in Excel, but the color only shows in print preview, not in the window
    I am working in.........WHY is this happening?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Why do the colors or shading only show up in print preview in Exce

    Hi!

    See if this helps:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Why do the colors or shading only show up in print preview in Exce

    If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
    high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
    following MSKB article:

    OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 17:49:27 -0800, voiceqween
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have attempted to follow directions for inserting color and shading in
    >cells in Excel, but the color only shows in print preview, not in the window
    >I am working in.........WHY is this happening?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP