[SOLVED] conditional format text - please help!

  1. #1
    Vivek
    Guest

    [SOLVED] conditional format text - please help!

    If I have one cell - d32, and when the value becomes negative I want cell E32
    to say "Over Budget", would this be possible?

  2. #2
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: conditional format text - please help!

    Not entirely sure what you are asking... but see if this helps.
    In E32 =IF(D32<0,"Over Budget","")

    George Gee

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Vivek
    Guest

    Re: conditional format text - please help!

    It works, thanks a lot! I also want to do the same thing when D32 is
    positive with the same cell. How do you do this?

  4. #4
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: conditional format text - please help!

    In E32 =IF(D32<0,"Over budget","On Target")

    Change the text *On Target* to whatever you wish to appear.
    Is this what you want, if not, post back with more details.

  5. #5
    Vivek
    Guest

    Re: conditional format text - please help!

    Thanks so much, it works!!!