Delete a group of alternate cells

  1. #1

    Delete a group of alternate cells

    How would I delete every other row in a spreadsheet? My data starts on row 16 ends on row 709. I want to start deleting every other row starting with row 17. i.e.; Delete rows 17, 19, 21, ... all in one key stroke.

    Thank-you

    Pat O'Leary

  2. #2

    Re: Delete a group of alternate cells

    I would use a helper column.

    Put X in a row 17 of that helper column (say Z).
    Select Z17:Z18
    copy it down to row 709
    Select that range
    edit|goto|special|check constants and click ok
    edit|delete|entire row

    (Save before you try it--just in case)