RE: A question involving attaching formulas

  1. #1
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: A question involving attaching formulas

    If you have a database with one row for each part for all of your products,
    then you can add one column to indicate which product the part goes into,
    such as "closet", Then you can do Data > Filter > AutoFilter, and select
    "closet" in that product column and Excel will display only those parts that
    are used in the "closet" product.

    That's not exactly the answer to the questiion you asked, but if I
    understand you correctly, that is the way I would do it.

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  2. #2
    ok thanks, I'll try it right away

  3. #3
    hm, no, that's not what i ment, sorry :/

    the formulas have to appear when I typ the part that I want so I can use them x times. so if I would type:

    (example)
    ________________basic royal <== tis is standard it represents the type
    door____________148 150 <== these are the the results that have to appear because of the formulas that are attached to the 'door'
    corpus__________298 310 " " "
    etc

    damn it's hard to explain :p

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: A question involving attaching formulas

    Hi Dries,
    You might also look at combo box, see
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
    and introductory videos at
    http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm
    Data Validation in Excel (1st half is on date, 2nd is on a list)

    You can fill in more detail later from a table, like the price and weight using VLOOKUP
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm
    ---
    HTH,
    \Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm