excel payroll calculator for canadians

  1. #1
    adq
    Guest

    excel payroll calculator for canadians

    Can anyone advise me on how to setup a payroll calculator in excel that would
    automatically deduct income tax, CPP, and EI. I've looked at the MS template
    and it is great. Is it possible to create a template like it, but have it
    calculate the necessary canadian deductions.

    Any help or a template would be great.
    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Template

    Can you post the link to the template you mentioned, so I can have a look.
    Am I correct in my understanding, you want to be able to, for example, input a monetary amount, and have the neccessary deductions calculated? Is that right?

  3. #3
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    You'll need to have a look at this:

    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4127-jan/t4127-e.pdf

  4. #4
    adq
    Guest

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    Hi,

    You are correct in that I would like to input the gross earnings and deduct
    EI, CPP and Income Tax. It is a bi-weekly pay schedule. I know that EI is
    1.87%. I do use CRA's TOD, which will calculate these deductions
    automatically. However, I would like to create an excel template.

    The link for the ms template is
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT011377091033

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    2013 Desktop Win 8.1, 2010 Laptop Win XP

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    adq, if you're still on this site or receiving emails on this thread, please contact me. I have created UDF's which calculate tax deductions for provinces and territories outside of quebec

  6. #6
    toronto
    MS-Off Ver
    W7

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    Quote Originally Posted by scottbeattie View Post
    adq, if you're still on this site or receiving emails on this thread, please contact me. I have created UDF's which calculate tax deductions for provinces and territories outside of quebec
    Hello Scott,
    I dont have a payroll program and wondering where I can get a payroll spreadsheet that has the cpp and ei max built in. I would really like to know if one exists out there, so that if I fill in a bi-weekly amount, and set it at 26 payments, then I would be able to see the annual payroll showing each bi weekly tax, cpp and ei deductions...thanks

  7. #7
    Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    2013 Desktop Win 8.1, 2010 Laptop Win XP

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    I have programmed an add-in for deductions at source with the limits you have mentioned. It will calculate within 2 cents of the CRA tax tables and has also been tested against the CRA's PDOC.
    However you had spoken of taxes. You were talking about EI and CPP.
    I can just give you a simple formula for that.

  8. #8
    Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    2013 Desktop Win 8.1, 2010 Laptop Win XP

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    CPP is calculated as follows
    Step 1 Calculate pensionable income (more on this later)
    Sfep 2 Divide thepremium by the pay period (in this case its 26)
    3500/pay period and Round down
    Step 3 Subtract the above amount from the pensionable income
    Step 4 Multiply the above total by 4.95%
    (I'm on my cell so I don't have the annual maximum)

  9. #9
    Regina, SK
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    Any chance I can get you to send a copy? I've created a payroll spreadsheet and have everything working except the tax deductions for Saskatchewan.

  10. #10
    Toronto
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    Hi Scott,

    Would you be able to send me a excel payroll calculator template as i dont have much experience with excel would really help?

    Thanks!

  11. #11
    Canada
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    Quote Originally Posted by scottbeattie View Post
    adq, if you're still on this site or receiving emails on this thread, please contact me. I have created UDF's which calculate tax deductions for provinces and territories outside of quebec
    Do you have one that would work for biweekly and calculate CCP/EI/income tax that you would share?

  12. #12
    toronto
    MS-Off Ver

    Was wondering if anyone has an updates version for Ontario, semi monthly that includes the July 1 revisions that they could send me? I have looked but been unsuccessful.

    Thanks

  13. #13
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,917

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    onlineathome welcome to the forum

    Unfortunately your post does not comply with Rule 2 of our Forum RULES. Do not post a question in the thread of another member -- start your own thread.

    If you feel an existing thread is particularly relevant to your need, provide a link to the other thread in your new thread.

    Old threads are often only monitored by the original participants. New threads not only open you up to all possible participants again, they typically get faster response, too.
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

    Regards
    Ford

  14. #14
    Tillsonburg
    MS-Off Ver
    sweethussie

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    Quote Originally Posted by scottbeattie View Post
    CPP is calculated as follows
    Step 1 Calculate pensionable income (more on this later)
    Sfep 2 Divide thepremium by the pay period (in this case its 26)
    3500/pay period and Round down
    Step 3 Subtract the above amount from the pensionable income
    Step 4 Multiply the above total by 4.95%
    (I'm on my cell so I don't have the annual maximum)
    Could I get a copy of your excel Canadian payroll calculator template please?

  15. #15
    Calgary, AB
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    Hi Can I please have the spreadsheet as well?

    Thank you

    Amy

  16. #16
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,917

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    Amy, this thread is 12 years old, I doubt it is still being followed

    Perhaps start your own thread, and reference back to this 1?

  17. #17
    Trenton, On
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2010

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    Could you please send me a copy of the Excel payroll calculator template? Thank you.

  18. #18
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,917

    Re: excel payroll calculator for canadians

    June, welcome to the forum

    This thread is over 10 years old, I doubt any-one is still following it. It would be better if you started your own thread for this request.

    Thanks