Questions on combo boxes and list boxes.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Marc
    Guest

    Questions on combo boxes and list boxes.

    Combination boxes allow editing or data entry correct? List do not -
    correct? I need to be able to edit the table that I get my list information
    from is that possible? Also when an item is chosen from the list - a
    particular product - I need the price of that product to be entered into the
    price column. I have found many one to many list but I just need to do a 1
    for 1. Is the easiest way to set up a bunch of "IF" statements? I also need
    to know how to delete a combo box. I had one that was no problem to remove
    but I can't get rid of the other one.

    Marc

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Questions on combo boxes and list boxes.

    you cant edit a drop down directly,but if you know where the source list is
    you can edit that.....Use a vlookup table based on your source list to do
    your pricing.However if you edit or add an entry you will have to edit or
    update or add a price.You will also have to use a false vlookup because your
    editing of the list would upset the sort order.This means the vlookup
    function will only find exact matches,but that isnt a problem because the
    lookup and source lists are identical.....
    here are editable drop downs and list boxes in the forms toolbar but they
    have never been available ....
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!