How do I center a heading across cells?

  1. #1
    DC25
    Guest

    How do I center a heading across cells?

    I want to center a tittle across the top of five columns. I don't want the
    heading to be separated by lines.

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: How do I center a heading across cells?

    Try the following...

    1) Select/highlight your five cells

    2) Format > Cells > Alignment > Text Alignment > Horizontal > Center
    across selection

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: How do I center a heading across cells?

    Another way is to just select the center cell of the five cells, enter your
    text, then do Richt-click > FormatCells > Alignment > and in the Horizontal
    window, select Center

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    DC25

  5. #5
    DC25

    "CLR" wrote:

    > Another way is to just select the center cell of the five cells, enter your
    > text, then do Richt-click > FormatCells > Alignment > and in the Horizontal
    > window, select Center
    >
    > Vaya con Dios,
    > Chuck, CABGx3

    Muchas gracias, me ayudaste bastante!

  6. #6
    Kate Williams

    DC25 Wrote:
    > I want to center a tittle across the top of five columns. I don't want
    > the
    > heading to be separated by lines.

    You could also try merging the cells -

    Highlight all Five cells - right click properties> Format Cell>
    Alignment Tab.

    Place a tick in Merge cells and center the text using the drop down
    boxes.

    Hope this helps

    Kate

    --
    Kate Williams

  7. #7
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How do I center a heading across cells?

    If it is possible to format (which it should be in this case) then merging
    cells is not a good solution, there are so many problems involved with
    merged cells (everything from copying and pasting to sorting and using
    formulas)

    Peo Sjoblom

    "Kate Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    mcollin
    Guest

    Re: How do I center a heading across cells?

    Try using the Merge & Center button on format toolbar.
    Example: Five columns.. Select (F3:J6)
    Click - merge & center button on toolbar.
    Bottom lines 3,4 & 5 vanish.

    Find Merge & Center Command:
    Click view on toolbar
    click toolbar on list
    select..customize....
    on dialog box click command tab....categories.... select...format.....scroll
    to merge & center..
    click hold and drag to worksheet toolbar and release.