Mental block

  1. #1
    Jack Sheet
    Guest

    Mental block

    How do I define an array constant as a name?
    I tried to insert a name as follows
    Name: 2006!AgeRange
    Refers to: ={<16,17-18,19-49,>49}
    and it advised that the syntax was incorrect but was otherwise unhelpful.
    I tried substituting ";" for "," as the element separators but that didn't
    help either.
    Thanks

    --
    Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Mental block

    Try this:

    ={"<16","17-18","19-49",">49"}

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Mental block

    These values are text and not numbers so you need to use either

    ={"<16","17-18","19-49",">49"}

    or

    ={"<16";"17-18";"19-49";">49"}

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jack Sheet
    Guest

    Re: Mental block

    Thanks Peo, And Ron.
    Your solotion worked, but for some reason it did not help me in the end. I
    wanted to refer to the named array constant as a source for "pick from list"
    in data validation, but it seems not to like it unless you dedicate cells to
    the range.

    news:%[email protected]...