How to show current date and time

  1. #1

    How to show current date and time

    Hello,
    I want to show current date and current time in a single cell. I have tried by using today() and now() functions separately, i dont know how to use together in a sigle cell. I want like 28-Mar-06, 12.05 PM. Also I want to add text to it. Like Report for 28-Mar-06.
    Experts please help me
    Thanks
    Ravi

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How to show current date and time

    Enter =NOW() in a cell and format as dd-mmm-yy hh:mm

    to get text as well format as "Report for "dd-mmm-yy hh:mm

    You don't even need to concatenate anything
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: How to show current date and time

    Hi Ravi........
    Here's a little macro that will do it for you.......

    Sub TimeStamp()
    ' Select a cell and run this macro to Date/Time stamp
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Report for " & Date & " " & Time
    End Sub

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: How to show current date and time

    Hi Ravi...........
    Here's a formula solution..........

    ="Report for "&TEXT(NOW(),"MMM dd, yyyy hh:mm AM/PM")

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3