Add 6 worksheets in workbook

  1. #1
    Phil
    Guest

    Add 6 worksheets in workbook

    I have 5 workbooks each with 6 worksheets. Each worksheet has 33 rows and 5
    columns with data (numbers). How do I add the 6 worksheets into one monthly
    summary? New to Excel so any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

    Phil B.

  2. #2

    6 worksheets in workbooks

    Hi Phil,

    1) I would ensure that in each workbook was the same layout as the others
    2) I would ensure that each worksheet had the same consistent format too...
    3) I would then have a TOTALs worksheet in each separate workbook...SUM(spreadsheetname!cell ref,.....etc etc)
    then
    3) I would create one over arching 'Monthly' workbook, which summed up all the TOTALS worksheets...SUM(workbook!spreadsheetname!cell ref,.....etc etc).

    I may not have the syntax above absolutely spot on, but that's how I'd do it !

    Regards,

    Jenni in Canberra Australia

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Add 6 worksheets in workbook

    =SUM(first:last!Range)

    the easy way is from the summary sheet click the first sheets tab, hold down
    shift and click the last sheet tab, then on that last sheets select the 33X5
    range, then finish by pressing enter and excel will insert the closing
    parenthesis

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    (remove ^^ from email address)

    Portland, Oregon

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Add 6 worksheets in workbook

    Right click on any tab and select move or copy and then tick the little box
    that
    says create a copy and then name it START. Now repeat that and name the
    next sheet you create as FINISH. Repeat it once more and call that sheet
    SUMMARY. Drag SUMMARY to the very beginning of your sheets, drag START so
    that it is second and drag FINISH to the very end.

    Now click on your Summary sheet and in A1 put
    =SUM(START:FINISH!A1) which will pull in any data from A1 pulling from START
    sheet to FINISH sheet and including any sheets in between. As long as any
    sheets you add to the file are in between START and FINISH sheets, they will
    get pulled into the total, no matter what you call them. Now hide your
    START and FINISH sheets (if you want to).

    Copy the cell A1 and then paste special as formulas into any cells that you
    need to add up all the sheets on the Summary page.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

  5. #5
    Phil
    Guest

    Re: Add 6 worksheets in workbook

    Thanks to all who responded to my post. Will be trying the suggestions
    soon. Thanks again.

    Phil B.

    news:[email protected]...