Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

pasting non-contiguous range of cells to new row, same cell locati

  1. #1
    Not excelling at macros
    Guest

    pasting non-contiguous range of cells to new row, same cell locati

    I need a paste macro that will paste a non-contiguous range of cells (ie
    "A1:B1,G1")
    to the current row in the same column locations (ie "A5:B5,G5"), assuming
    current row is 5th row.

    Does anyone have code for this need that you can share?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: pasting non-contiguous range of cells to new row, same cell locati

    Try this

    Sub test()
    Range("A1:B1").Copy Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "A")
    Range("G1").Copy Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "G")

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Not excelling at macros
    Guest

    Re: pasting non-contiguous range of cells to new row, same cell lo

    This works great for known source/target rows, but I need it to be dynamic.
    So, I click the current row and use a copy macro to select those specific
    cells. Then, I need to click on the target row and use a paste macro to
    paste to those specific cells.

    Your suggestion works great, I just need one more tweak. Any suggestions?

    Thanks Ron!

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: pasting non-contiguous range of cells to new row, same cell lo

    Try this tester

    Sub test()
    Dim arr() As String
    Dim N As Integer
    Dim cell As Range
    Dim destrow As Range
    Dim selectionrow
    Dim I As Integer

    If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    selectionrow = Selection.Row
    N = 0
    For Each cell In Selection
    N = N + 1
    ReDim Preserve arr(1 To N)
    arr(N) = cell.Column
    Next cell
    On Error Resume Next
    Set destrow = Application.InputBox("select a cell in the Destination row", Type:=8)
    If destrow Is Nothing Then
    On Error GoTo 0
    Exit Sub
    Else
    For I = 1 To N
    Cells(destrow.Cells(1).Row, Val(arr(I))) = Cells(selectionrow, Val(arr(I)))
    Next I

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...