Is there a way I can add totals in worksheet?

  1. #1
    Starlin Dotson
    Guest

    Is there a way I can add totals in worksheet?

    I have eight worksheets in a workbook. The worksheets contains columns of
    numbers with a total at the bottom of each column. Is there a way I can add
    another worksheet that will add all of the totals of the other eight
    worksheets? When the total of any of the eight worksheets change, will the
    total change in the new worksheet? I am new to Excel and will appreciate
    any help you can give me.
    Starlin

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Is there a way I can add totals in worksheet?

    The most efficient way would be to put the total in the same cell on each
    worksheet and use
    =sum(firstsheet:lastsheet!thatcell)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:u%[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Is there a way I can add totals in worksheet?

    Hi Starlin

    Yes.

    Add your new worksheet.

    In the desired cell input:

    =SUM(Sheet1!totalcell,Sheet2!totalcell,...Sheet8!totalcell)

    where totalcell is the address of the total on each worksheet. Your
    Grand Total will change when any cell on the other eight is updated.

    Regards

    Steve

  4. #4
    starlin
    Guest

    Re: Is there a way I can add totals in worksheet?

    Thanks for the help. I'll try it out as soon as I get home.
    Starlin

    news:[email protected]...