Superscript in Excel

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Guest

    Superscript in Excel

    I use a spreadsheet that I created myself as a template, and we use zeros and
    ones to 'add up' scores. To keep track of the zeros we use superscript. For
    one, two or three zeros we use a symbol so that it can be copied and pasted
    to another cell. I am now using a formula that basically copies and pastes a
    zero with the superscript from a cell thats always there to the correct spot
    on the spreadsheet, but if there are four or more zeros the superscript goes
    away and the four (or five or six etc) is normal sized.

    So my question is: Is there away to create more symbols that are
    superscript 4, 5, 6 etc? Or, is there a formula I can use that will
    automatically superscript to count up the zeros?

  2. #2
    Zack Barresse
    Guest

    Re: Superscript in Excel

    I don't believe there are anymore ASCII superscript characters beyond 3.
    And you can't format a character as superscript in a formula, but you can in
    text/numerics (non-formulas). Probably doesn't seem like much hope, but
    it's what we have to work with.

    Zack Barresse, aka firefytr
    To email, remove NOSPAM

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Superscript in Excel

    Here is a link to a site with a font having sub- and superscripts for all
    digits 0-9
    http://www.ars-chemia.net/Classes/ChemSerif.TTF
    best wishes
    --