How do I format date field in footer?

  1. #1
    Terry Sharman
    Guest

    How do I format date field in footer?

    I'm pretty basic when it comes to Excel. How can I change the date format
    for the date field that I've placed in my footer? I would like it to show
    04-11-06.

    Thanks.

    Terry S.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    how do I format date field in footer?

    hi!

    go to.. Format Cells > Custom > mm-dd-yy

    -via135

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Sharman

  3. #3
    Terry Sharman
    Guest

    Re: How do I format date field in footer?

    Thanks for the quick response, but this is in the "footer" and it doesn't
    seem to work as you wrote....

    Terry S.

  4. #4
    gls858

    Terry Sharman wrote:
    > I'm pretty basic when it comes to Excel. How can I change the date format
    > for the date field that I've placed in my footer? I would like it to show
    > 04-11-06.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Terry S.

    Go to file > page setup then select the header/footer tab.
    Click on the custom footer button select the icon
    that looks like a little calender. It should place
    a variable for date &[Date] in whatever section you
    have selected.

    gls858

  5. #5
    Terry Sharman
    Guest

    Re: How do I format date field in footer?

    Thanks gls858. I've done that but the format is "dd/mm/yy" and I would like
    it to be "dd-mm-yy".

    Terry S.

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I format date field in footer?

    Terry

    You can effect limited changes to Excel's footer/header date format by adjusting
    your short/long date format in Windows Regional and Language Settings.

    Start>Settings>Control Panel..........follow your nose.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP