Grouping columns in excel

  1. #1
    Karl
    Guest

    Grouping columns in excel

    H,
    I've used the grouping function in the past to make a series of columns
    collapsable. This has been very useful for reading and cross referencing in
    documents with lots of columns.

    Now I have a document with few columns, but each column is very wide. I want
    to give column its own plus and minus button so that I can close any column,
    or selection of columns, as I need.

    If I try to do this, unsurprisingkly with a feature called "group", all the
    columns are added to the first plus/minus button.

    Is there any way that I can give each column its own plus/minus button?

    Thanks

    Karl

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    Re: Grouping columns in excel

    I don't know of any way to do so short of VBA, at least as far as the +/-,
    but don't overlook the Format>Column>Hide/Unhide capability. You might even
    create macros & assign them to buttons on a custom toolbar.

    You can also create custom Views & add a list of views to a toolbar so you
    can go directly from one to another.
    --
    HTH |:>)
    Bob Jones