Running Average

  1. #1
    Scott W
    Guest

    Running Average

    I am trying to get a running yield of parts going through my process
    I am looking at different operations and the amount of parts that make
    it from one operation to the next, such as,

    Process A Process B Process C Process D
    Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E Col F Col G Col H
    pcs in pcs out pcs in pcs out pcs in pcs out pcs in pcs out

    20 20 20 19 19 10 10 9
    20 19 19 19 19 19 19
    20 20 20 20 20
    20 18 18
    20

    I am trying to calulate the running averages for each process by dividing
    the number I finished with by the number I started with and since not all
    parts have gone through the process I am not getting an accurate yield. I
    would like to know how I can get the running yields of those lot that have
    gone through and update the yields as the others are completed.

    I am recording the daily and weekly yield averages on another work sheet so
    my oringinal formula is as follows
    =SUM(WIP!F4:F15)/SUM(WIP!D4:D15)

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Running Average

    I think you are looking for the rolled through yield.

    Process 1 Yield X Process 2 Yield X Process 3 yield ...

    You probably ought to look at the yield of each process to identify
    opportunities for improvement as well.

    Process A Yield = B1/A1
    Process B Yield = D1/C1

    I'm trying to figure out how you'd get the info if you have material into a
    process that hasn't yet been completed. I'm not sure I'll be able to get
    to it for a while. I hope what I've posted so far helps.

    news:[email protected]...