Copy cell to a new cell

  1. #1
    mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Copy cell to a new cell

    In Column B I have certain values which start with GB2 e.g GB2-02210. I would
    to like to copy these values and paste it in another cell. I would like to do
    this with only values which start with GB2. Many thanks

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Copy cell to a new cell

    I would use Data>Filter>Autofilter and use custom>begins with...

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

  3. #3
    ANdras
    Guest

    Re: Copy cell to a new cell

    Hi there,

    you also can show (the result of the function will be) the value, like in an
    additional column, e.g.
    =IF(LEFT(B2;3)="GB2";B2;"")
    where in B2 the cell with the value (starting or not-starting with GB2)
    and then copy the function downwards to fill this column

    if the value starts with GB2; then will reveal the result, if not, will be
    blank ("")
    also the "GB2" argument can be replaced to a cell reference.. (like $C$1 <=
    absolute reference)

    Any good?

    Best regards,
    ANdras