How to paste data into multiple cells in Excel

  1. #1
    wrdennig
    Guest

    How to paste data into multiple cells in Excel

    I have data on the clipboard which I want to paste into multiple cells in a
    column that is selected. When I Ctrl+V, it only pastes into the first cell.
    How can I get it to paste into all the cells that I have selected?

    Thanks . . . Walt

  2. #2
    ufo_pilot
    Guest

    RE: How to paste data into multiple cells in Excel

    click on the cell > right-click > select Paste Special> Text
    should break it up for you...

  3. #3
    wrdennig
    Guest

    RE: How to paste data into multiple cells in Excel

    WHen I do that, the wizard sez the data on the clipboard is not the same size
    and shape as the cells selected. If I click OK, it just pastes into the
    first selected cell.

    More help, please . . . TIA

  4. #4
    rajkohli
    Guest

    RE: How to paste data into multiple cells in Excel

    I was trying to do this but no success. But I notice when thing that can be
    useful for you. When you copy data within from excel then you can paste into
    multiple cells without any problem.

    So, you can use a trick, see if it works.

    Paste Clipboard data into Excel in a cell then copy that cell and paste it
    into multiple cells.

    Let us know, if the information was in any use.

  5. #5
    wrdennig
    Guest

    RE: How to paste data into multiple cells in Excel

    It works!! Thanks. Much easier than finding a way to do a script.

    g'day . . .