how do i count text and display it as text plus the # times it hap

  1. #1
    Count in Excel
    Guest

    how do i count text and display it as text plus the # times it hap

    PromotionName UnitSales ChannelName Quarter
    Boxing Day 1200 Richard 1 1
    Boxing Day 1300 Will 2 2
    Boxing Day 1600 Will 3 3
    Boxing Day 1300 Will 3 4

    I want to know how many times Boxing day occured as well as displaying the
    Text "Boxing Day"

    I tried SumProduct Function
    I tried CountIF and combination
    I tried Counta
    none of them work

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: how do i count text and display it as text plus the # times it hap

    ="Boxing Day occurs "&COUNTIF(A:A,"Boxing Day")&" times"

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...